9. Vastu for Pooja Room
Pooja room is a place where we worship God for peace and prosperity. Ishanya or north-east is governed by God and is an excellent location for pooja room. Locating ‘Pooja room’ in north-east brings prosperity, good health, wealth, happiness and peace of mind. North-east is auspicious for other reasons. In morning sunrays fall directly from north-east and give us positive energy. North-east is an excellent location for Pooja room. Pooja room in north quadrant provides good results. You can opt east, north and north-east for pooja room. Avoid other directions if possible.
* The idols should be in the east and the west of the Pujaghar. The faces of the idols should not be in the north or the south. Because, if the faces of the idols are towards the north we look towards the south side which is not good.
* The Pujaghar in the building should be in the east, the north or the northeast corner.
* Puja room should not be in the south direction.
* Toilet should not be above the below the worship room.
* The worship room should have doors and windows in the north or the east.
* Lamp stand should be the southeast corner of the worship room
* The showcases and almirahs in the Pujaghar should be towards the western or the southern wall. The photographs of the deity or the idols should never be near the northern or the southern walls.
* The mezzanine protruding out of the worship room should be in the west or the south direction.
* White of light yellow marble work in the worship room is auspicious. The colour of the walls of the worship room should be white, light yellow or light blue.
* Pujaghar should not be in the bedroom.
* Triangular pattern of any God should not be drawn in the Pujaghar.
* If the worship room is of the shape of a pyramid (scope on all the four sides of the roof) it is auspicious. Women should not enter the worship room during the menses period.
* The Homakund (a pit for sacred fire) or the Agnikund (a pit for consecrates fire) should be in the southeast direction of the worship room. The sacred offerings to the fire should be made with the face towards the east.
* The idol should not be exactly in front of the entrance gate.
* The Pujaghar should have a threshold.
* The worship room should not have a pinnacle, dome, victory pillar, Gomukh, flag, basement etc.
* Idols brought from ancient temples in the desecrated form or otherwise should not be kept in the worship room.
* The idols in the worship room should not be in a desecrated form.
* The idols should not be kept at a place obtained by chiseling off the wall or touching the wall. They should be kept at least an inch away from the wall.
* No unnecessary heavy articles like tins, clothes etc. should be kept in the worship room. No part of the worship room separated by a curtain etc. should be used for any other purpose.
* The worship room should not have a door with one shutter. The door should not be made of tin or iron grills.
* The doors of the worship room should not automatically close or open. Spring or door closer should not be used for this door.
* Money or valuables should not be hid in the worship room.
* The roof should not have ventilation or windows. Idols should not be kept facing each other. No private or public, big or small temple, Shivilinga should be built in the space around the building. If meditation is going to last for more than 15 minutes one should not sit exactly facing the idols. One should sit near the western wall facing the east for meditation, avoiding the look of the idol.